BELONG TO SOMETHING GREATER
At the Y, individuals walk in searching for something specific, but stay for something unexpected. Something intangible.
Belonging. A byproduct of finding something you love doing in a space where everyone is welcome, where showing up as yourself is always encouraged.
A feeling that makes places, and people, feel like home.
At the Y, there is something for everyone to feel like they belong. Because we know that belonging fosters welcoming people, grows stronger communities, and creates a better world.
At the Meadville Family YMCA you’re more than just a member…you’re family. Our locations are your perfect home away from home.
There are many benefits available to you as a member of the Meadville Family YMCA. From complimentary access to child watch to virtual wellness classes, there is sure to be something just for you. Benefits include…
- Complimentary fitness orientation or nutrition coaching session.
- Access to online fitness classes anytime, anywhere via our virtual platform, YWELLNESS 24/7.
- Free group fitness classes and reduced fees on programming.
- Access to personal training and nutrition coaching.
- Complimentary child watch during posted hours.
- Unlimited use of the wellness center, gym, pool, and fitness classes.
- Nationwide Membership: Use of other participating Y’s across the U.S. and Puerto Rico at no charge.
YWELLNESS 24/7, our new virtual wellness platform, is provided exclusively to our members, providing access to on-demand group exercise, sports and play programs. The program also includes 1000s of on-demand classes from instructors nation-wide including classes in training, mindfulness, nutrition, stress management, and more.
Visit ywellness247.org and follow the prompts to sign-up today!
New members have the option to schedule a FREE fitness orientation at time of sign-up. One of our personal training staff will sit down with you to recap your health history and assess your fitness journey goals. A typical appointment lasts 30-45 minutes. Please contact the Membership Desk to schedule your appointment.
Members have access to complimentary child watch services during posted hours at our Vernon Branch. Children who are between 1 year of age and 6 years of age and are currently members of the Meadville Family YMCA are eligible to participate. Please review our Child Watch Parent Agreement for more information.
- Vernon Child Watch Availability: Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:45 p.m. – 7:15 p.m.
Have access to any Y facility in the U.S. and Puerto Rico at no charge! It’s simple, just show your YMCA membership key tag at any participating Y and enjoy full membership privileges. (Some restrictions may apply)
- Nationwide Membership is valid for active, full facility YMCA members whose home Y participates without restriction or blackout periods; Silver Sneaker, Silver & Fit (or other like programs) are not eligible for nationwide membership.
- Special memberships established by any Y for group homes, other agencies, etc. are not eligible.
- When visiting a Y, nationwide members will be required to show a valid YMCA membership card and photo ID as well as provide basic membership data such as name and email address.
- Nationwide member visits must use their home Y at least 50% of the time.
- Members who pay their monthly membership fee through a monthly automatic withdrawal need to cancel their membership at least 30 days prior to their next schedule draft date. To cancel a membership, members can do so in person by filling out a cancellation form or calling the Membership Desk.
- Upon joining the Y, Membership Staff will take your digital photograph and you will be given a membership tag.
- Holds will be granted for medical reasons only. Your membership can be put on hold by bringing in a note from your doctor. Holds must be requested prior to the absence and before your next draft date in order to stop the automatic withdrawal for the next month. Holds are limited to 120 days and are not required to be taken consecutively.
- For checks or automatic drafts returned, members will be assessed a $30 fee. Please ensure that all your personal information is current in our system, this includes current bank account information and expiration dates if applicable on your membership.
- The Y does not guarantee the security of personal belongings. Therefore, we ask that you leave valuables at home. If you feel you must bring valuables, secure banks of lockers are available. Locks are encouraged to be used in the locker rooms but may not be left on lockers overnight. The Y is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Safety & Protection
- The Meadville Family YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation and remove visitation access.
- The Meadville Family YMCA is an inclusive organization open to all. We welcome all people regardless of ability, age, background, ethnicity/race, faith, gender, self-reported gender identity and/or expression or sexual orientation. In keeping with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, and to ensure everyone feels welcome at the Y, we give transgender individuals the opportunity to choose the locker room they are most comfortable with. The policy of the Meadville Family YMCA is to allow each individual to self-identify their gender. Alternative facilities are available for all members desiring more privacy. We do ask if pre-operation, transgender individuals use a bathroom stall or enclosed shower to change.
- In accordance with Pennsylvania state law, mothers are welcome to breastfeed.
- In compliance with the American Disabilities Act, the Meadville Family YMCA welcomes service animals to accompany people with disabilities in all areas of the facility where the public is normally allowed to go. Please see Y staff upon entrance to the facility.