AN AMAZING JOB IS WAITING FOR YOU!
Meadville YMCA Job Opportunities
Come join our team at the YMCA. We have several jobs that look great on resumes and help your community!
Downtown Meadville YMCA Early Learning Director
This position is located at 356 Chestnut Street in Downtown Meadville. This role requires the person to be able to:
- Strong public relation skills.
- The ability to work well with children, parents, and volunteers.
- The ability to supervise, motivate and direct staff.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in the approved curriculum from an accredited college or university plus 4 years or more experience in the classroom and 3 years supervising others.
- Good Organizational skills.
- Ability to understand and work within a budget.
- Hire and supervise a staff team.
Front Desk Staff:
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
- Gathers and records member data into membership software, Core.
- Provides information and assistance related to membership rates, programs, scholarships and other Y amenities.
- Prepares member records and handles registration / enrollment transactions.
- Conduct interviews and/or tours responsive to the needs of prospective members; sells memberships.
- Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and the YMCA
- Greet all guests as they enter the facility and check in members if needed.
- Facilitate member to member engagement.
Vernon Early Learning Academy this position is at 16864 Conneaut Lake Road, Meadville, PA 16335
Linesville Early Learning Academy this position is at 13654 Harstown Rd, Linesville, PA
- Must have a minimum of a CDA in preschool education to be a lead teacher
- Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Nurtures children through purposeful programming dedicated to building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families.
- Supervises the children, classroom, and all activities including ADA accommodations where appropriate. Follows all procedures and standards.
- Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
- Cultivates positive relationships, conducts parent conferences, and maintains effective communication
with parents. Engages parents as volunteers and connects them to the YMCA.
- Maintains program site and equipment.
- Maintains required program records.
- Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
- Maintains DHS requirements
- Maintains STARS requirements/standards
This position is located at 13654 Hartstown Rd. Linesville, Pa. This role requires the person to be able to:
- Cook all meals and prepare all snacks.
- Assist in the control of inventory, utilization and waste of food.
- Using the most cost-effective method, ordering of food and supplies.
- Receive deliveries; very for quantities and quality.
- Assist and/or plan monthly menus according to federal guidelines.
- Supervise clean up and ensure cleanliness of kitchen facility.
- Recordkeeping for Federal Food Program as requested by Program Director.
- Performs other duties as request by Child Care Program Director.
- Performs all Standard Activities Required of Child Care Personnel:
- Responsible for the safety of the children.
- Understanding and implementation of emergency procedures as necessary.
- Act as a role model for the children at all times.
- Attendance at all staff meetings.
- Attendance at all in-service trainings.
- Assist as a mentor for new employees.
- Attendance at parent conferences and at parent/child events as requested.
- Supporting the program goals and the mission of the YMCA.
- Assumes other duties as requested by program Coordinator or Designee.
Childcare Business Manager
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening
community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Childcare Business Manager
at the Meadville Family YMCA maintains a supportive, positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all
individuals and coordinates the childcare billing and children’s’ attendance and files.
1. Processes returned checks and drafts in the accounting system.
2. Process billing for childcare sites.
3. Organizes resources and deliverables to best meet intended goals and outcomes.
4. Assists with month end and year end closings.
5. Maintains monthly spreadsheets as directed.