MEADVILLE FAMILY YMCA POLICIES & WAIVERS
At the YMCA you are not just a member; you’re part of our family. To ensure the safety and comfort for all, we have prepared the following policies and guidelines to make your experience as pleasant and rewarding as possible. We go to great lengths to outline all rules and policies to ensure the comfort and safety of you, your family and other members. Because it is impossible to foresee or communicate every situation that may arise, we reserve the right to amend or add a policy/operating rule to ensure the safety and comfort of all. We understand that consistency among our branches is a cornerstone of our business practice and want you to be met with the same guidelines, regardless of which Y location you visit. However, due to varying facility designs, space, and amenities, from time to time, you may see a variation to a rule or policy between centers. Please ask if you have any questions. You can find our policies and waivers on our website and/or you can request copies of them at the Front Desk at either of our locations.
I acknowledge and agree that any use of the Meadville Family YMCA facilities, services, equipment, and premises (“Facilities”) and any participation in the Meadville Family YMCA programs and activities (“Programs”) comes with inherent risks including, but in no way limited to: (1) moderate and/or severe personal injury, (2) property damage, (3) disability, (4) sickness or disease, and (5) death. I voluntarily accept and assume full responsibility for these risks as well as any and all other risks of the use of Facilities and participation in Programs. I agree that I have full knowledge of the nature and extent of all such risks and am not relying on all such risks being described in this document. I acknowledge and agree that the Meadville Family YMCA will not be held liable for any lost or stolen personal property. The Y conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the Y reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access. I give my consent that any photographs, videos, etc. of myself or my family may be used in promotional material such as brochures, banners, or newspaper releases. I understand that I will not be given notice or be reimbursed for such photographs.
- YMCA Monthly Bank Draft/Credit Card Withdrawal is a continuous membership payment plan. I understand this membership will remain in effect and will continue to be drafted until I give 30 days’ notification of termination to the YMCA. I further understand that my Monthly Bank Draft/Credit Card Withdrawal will begin on (INSERT DATE) in the amount of (INSERT AMOUNT) and will continue at that amount unless notified by the YMCA 30 days prior to any change.
- I must give the YMCA a 30-day notice (In Person, Phone Call, Email, or USPS) when making the request for termination. If the draft is not terminated, it is my responsibility to notify the YMCA. Membership dues are neither refundable nor transferable.
- Should any pre-authorized draft not be honored by my bank or credit card (NSF, Credit Card Decline, or Invalid Account/Routing Number, etc.) then it will be marked as late, and it is understood that our agency that collects said payments will attempt to collect the YMCA payment electronically. Additionally, I will be assessed a $30 fee by said agency. Should your membership account become two months behind in payments, it will be cancelled until dues are paid.
- I agree to give the YMCA 30 days’ notification in advance of my bill date (INSERT DATE) of any and all changes for my account. All errors relating to the Monthly Bank Draft/Credit Card Withdrawal must be brought to the attention of the Association Membership Director. The YMCA will not be responsible for any errors beyond 60 days.
- The YMCA Board of Directors may, at their discretion, adjust the monthly rate applicable to any membership. I understand that I will receive at least 30 days’ notice prior to any such change.
Pay in Full
Members may pay the full amount of their dues. MasterCard, Visa, Discover, cash, check, or YMCA Gift Cards/Certificates are accepted for all transactions. We do not accept American Express at this time. Members may pay annually, semi-annually, or quarterly in full. There are no refunds for membership fees or memberships paid months in advance.
Credit Card or Bank Draft
Membership dues and fees can be paid automatically through your credit card, checking, or savings account. The charge will appear on your monthly statement. Monthly Memberships are required to be set up through monthly bank draft/credit card withdrawal, or you may choose to pay our month pass rate. Members may choose a billing date of the 5th or 15th for each month. Membership remains continuous until the member requests a cancellation within a 30-day notice.
In addition to membership dues, the join fee is a one-time fee for new members only. Memberships that are expired for more than 6 months (180 days) are considered new members.
The Meadville Family YMCA uses a third party to collect all credit card declines, NSFs, or bounced payments. Once the third party is successful in processing the returned payment, an additional $30 late fee will be charged to your account. Should your membership account become two months behind in payments, it will be cancelled until dues are paid.
Membership dues and fees are neither refundable nor transferable; however, if there are extenuating circumstances, please contact our Association Membership Director. If a refund is available, if a card was used then it will be processed by going back to original payment method used or account credit; however, if cash or check was used it will be processed by account credit or check only. Please allow a minimum of 3-5 business days to process.
For program or membership account credits the credit left on your account will first be applied to any back balances, fees, or dues owed to the Meadville Family YMCA. To use a credit, you must call any of our YMCA locations and ask for the credit to be applied. Credits expire after 1 year and if not used will be donated towards our YMCA Scholarship Campaign.
A member may cancel their monthly membership at any time with at least a 30-day notice. This can be made in person, through a phone call, or written request that is hand-delivered to our YMCA, mailed through the post office, or emailed to our Association Membership Director. If a member cancels on or after the 6th or 16th of any month, then payment will still be due the following month on the 5th or 15th and the member can continue to enjoy their membership until the end date. Annual, semi-annual, and quarterly memberships automatically cancel on their end date and do not automatically renew. There are no refunds for membership fees or memberships paid months in advance, and our Y will not prorate a canceled membership.
The YMCA is committed to the highest possible ethical standards. We encourage everyone associated with the YMCA to uphold our association’s values, which include integrity, openness, honesty, accountability, fairness, respect, and responsibility. Person(s) should report the following violations to our Front Desk:
- Using or possessing alcohol or illegal chemicals on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles, and at YMCA-sponsors programs or events.
- Smoking and/or vaping of any substance on YMCA property – the YMCA and its property are a smoke-free environment.
- Weapons of any kind – Creating a safe, caring environment; no firearms or weapons are allowed on YMCA premises with the exception of sworn law enforcement officers with proper identification.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior.
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior, or any sexual contact with another person.
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive, or threatening way.
- Verbally abusive behavior, including angry or vulgar language, swearing, name-calling, and shouting.
- Racism, harassment, or discrimination.
- Fraud or other dishonest actions or deeds.
- Other behaviors in violation of the YMCA Code of Conduct.
Note: Mature behavior is expected in all areas and the YMCA reserves the right to suspend or terminate members who do not adhere to YMCA guidelines and safety standards. We are a private organization that can deny membership.
- The child must be on an active Meadville Family YMCA Membership account with no outstanding dues or notices in order to attend Child Watch times.
- Child Watch is a first first-come-first-serve basis with a maximum of 8 children for a staff ratio of 1:8.
- A Child Watch Registration Form is required to be filled out and turned in for each child before attending Child Watch.
- Required ages are 1 to 8 years old. (Ages 9 -12 are welcome to hangout in Child Watch. They will not be counted towards the maximum capacity of 8 children.)
- The same parent/guardian must sign the child in and out and show proof of ID.
- Parents/Guardians are not to leave the Vernon Y facility/building while the child is in Child Watch.
- There is no food allowed in the Child Watch space. Drinks are allowed if the container has a secured lid and is labeled with the child’s name on it.
- Children must be potty-trained or wearing a clean diaper. Parent/Guardians will be paged for bathroom breaks or diaper changes.
- Child Watch Aid will attempt to calm or redirect a child if a behavior issue or concerns occurs and will page the parent/guardian once to help address if needed. If the issue or concern continues the parent will be required to sign out the child and then follow the facility and youth policies.
- Toys, play items, tables, and chairs are sanitized by staff at the end of each session.
- Children with the following symptoms are not allowed in Child Watch:
- Uncontrolled Coughing
- Breathing Difficulties (Wheezing)
- Poor Food or Fluid Intake
- Nasal Discharge (Green or Yellow)
- Vomiting and Diarrhea
- Skin Infections
Our goal is to provide a safe and comfortable environment for all our members. With that in mind, please see our policies on youth and teens below:
- Youth 8 years old and under are not permitted in the Wellness Center but are welcome to use the Gymnasium with adult supervising in the same room.
- Youth 9 – 10 years old are permitted in the Wellness Center and Gymnasium but are limited to the use of cardiovascular machines with adult supervising in the same room.
- Youth 11 – 12 years old are permitted in the Wellness Center but are limited to the use of cardiovascular machines with adult supervising in the same room. Permitted in Gymnasium on their own with adult in the building unless behavior issue occurs.
- Teens 13 – 14 years old are permitted in the Wellness Center and Gymnasium with parental consent and may use the strength training machines after a free, mandatory equipment orientation. Preferred but not required to be accompanied by an adult unless behavior issue occurs.
- Teens 15 – 17 years old are permitted full use of the Wellness Center and Gymnasium without parental consent. Minimum age required to use saunas and Strength Training Rooms downstairs at Downtown Y Branch and on black rubber mat section at Vernon Y Branch.
- Machines must be sprayed and wiped dry after each use except directly on the screens.
- All weights and equipment must be put away after each use.
- Proper attire is expected; shirts and sneakers or soft sole shoes must be worn at all times. This includes but is not limited to wearing appropriate clothing that is not derogatory, revealing or transparent, etc. If determined inappropriate by YMCA management must be altered or removed.
- Respectful language is required.
- No food or drink in the Gymnasium.
- Please store bags and other personal items in a locked locker. Personal items cannot be left or stored in our facilities.
- Lost and/or stolen items are not the responsibility of our Y.
- No hanging from basketball rims in Gymnasium as member will be responsible for damage/repair costs.
- Activities must be safe for everyone involved during open gym times.
- Schedules are subject to change, and staff will have the final decision on safety and activity that will be allowed during open gym times.,
- Under all circumstances, members must be aware of the privacy of others. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please speak to a member of our Leadership Team.
- The family locker room is available to any age/gender to use. This locker room has individual changing stalls for privacy. Our Y recommends youth 14 and under use the family locker rooms.
- There are absolutely NO photos or videos to be taken in the locker rooms. This includes but is not limited to apps on mobile devices such as Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Any and all suitcases or large bags that do not fit in a locker are not allowed in the locker rooms or lobby areas.
- Locks are available to borrow at the Front Desk for daily use. Specific lockers can also be rented by paying an additional $10/month on top of your membership dues.
Members may sign up for locker rentals at the Front Desk at both YMCA locations. A list of all members with locker rentals will be kept with our Front Desk Staff and Association Membership Director. Should you have specific questions regarding locker rentals please contact our Association Membership Director.
- Members must supply their own lock for their locker rental.
- Locker rentals will be marked by YMCA Staff with a “Rented” sign and the member’s identification number or “MID number” from membership computer system.
- Locker rentals are on a first come first served basis as there is a limited number of lockers available. For the Downtown Y Branch there are no restrictions for locker selection. At Vernon Y Branch the locker rentals are limited to bottom rows only.
- Payment is based on membership type selected i.e., monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually by paying an additional $10/month on top of your membership dues. There are no refunds for locker rentals.
- Should your locker rental become two months behind in payments, it will be cancelled until dues are paid then after 1 week lock and items will be removed from locker and put into lost and found.
- Locker rentals can be cancelled at any time by informing YMCA Front Desk Staff or Association Membership Director. Your lock must be removed the same day and YMCA Staff will remove the “Rented” sign from locker.
- Minimum age required to use sauna is 15 years old.
- You must be fully clothed and covered. Please wear appropriate gym attire as wearing undergarments or a towel only is not appropriate.
- Please keep sauna temperature between 120-160 degrees.
- Please remember to enter and exit the sauna slowly and cautiously.
- Limit use to max 30 minutes. Recommended use is 10-30 mins as long use may result in nausea, dizziness, or fainting.
- At the Vernon Y Branch for the unisex sauna reservations are required for 1 person at a time with options of 15-minute time slots with a limit of 2 consecutive reservations.
- Do not exercise in the sauna. Please wait at least 5 minutes after exercising to cool your body temperature down before using the sauna.
- Food and drinks are not permitted in the sauna.
- Please refrain from using lotions or oils of any kind in the sauna.
- No personal grooming such as shaving or clipping nails in the sauna.
- Pregnant women, elderly persons and persons with heart disease, diabetes or high/low blood pressure should not enter the sauna without prior medical consultation and permission from their physician.
- Inappropriate behavior is strictly prohibited. If you witness such behavior, please report it to Y staff immediately. Violation of these policies will result in loss of privileges.
Our members have exclusive access to some of the best personal trainers and instructors in our region. For orientations our trainers/instructors will make one initial contact attempt with you through phone call/voicemail within a week from registering. All trainer/instructor appointments have a 24-hour cancellation policy. In order for members to be eligible to reschedule, they must contact and notify the trainer/instructor at least 24 hours before the appointment is to occur. For the one free Fitness Orientation and Nutrition Consultation for new members they are entitled to one rescheduling if the conditions of the 24-hour cancellation policy were met. For paid training packages if 24-hour cancellation is not provided, then the member will be charged in full for training session scheduled.
Our YMCA strives to create a pleasant and healthy environment for all. The YMCA encourages members, guests and staff to be mindful of their use of scented products including lotions, oils, colognes, perfumes, sprays and products intended to be smoked or inhaled. These products may be irritants to others and create health issues for people with allergies or respiratory issues.
The YMCA can refuse access to anyone whose added scents are overpowering or irritating to others. This includes odors of tobacco products and marijuana use. The YMCA is a tobacco-free and drug-free campus. We appreciate your efforts to help us create a pleasant and healthy environment for all.
In case of closing or early closing, the YMCA will post this information on the home page of our website and Facebook page with the up to date closing status. On the rare occasion that the Y closes, we are unable to offer a refund, credit, or make-up classes or membership fees, etc.
Inclement Weather Policy
The YMCA makes every effort possible to keep the Y and its facilities open and programs running during periods of inclement weather. Closing decisions are based on weather alerts, road and school closings, and the ability of YMCA Staff to get to and from the Y and operate the facility safely. When the weather is questionable, it’s best to call ahead.
Facility Power Outage Policy
It is the YMCA’s policy to suspend facility activities if power is out for a period of 15 minutes or more without sign of restoration. Staff will remain onsite up until one hour has passed since the initial outage (unless the building is scheduled to close during that period of time). They will reopen the facility if power returns within the hour.
During any outage, we request that all members comply with staff requests to stop their workout and relocate to the lobby or other area. This is done for member safety and to ensure that all people in the building are accounted for in case there is a need to close the facility. We will do our best to communicate when specific amenities are unavailable, but we cannot guarantee a comprehensive list due to potential complications with internet connections.
Water Main Break Policy
Shoulder there be a water main break and/or no water access it is the YMCA’s policy to suspend facility activities until water service is back to normal.
Facility Enhancement Closings
Each year around Labor Day our Meadville Family YMCA may close part of our facilities for several days to one week. During this time facility enhancements and other necessary repairs take place. Volunteers are always welcome to assist with the various projects. Members are invited to utilize our two branch locations as their shutdown schedules allow.
All Meadville Family YMCA facilities will be closed on the following major holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
The Meadville Family YMCA is committed to the elimination of disparities and eradication of unjust systems to become a multicultural, anti-racist and anti-oppressive organization as we serve all. We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of individuals’ differences in age, color, abilities, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make each individual unique. The YMCA commits to continually conduct institutional racism and oppression review of our policies, procedures and practices and the ongoing development of a multicultural, anti-racist and anti-oppressive work environment, and culture that promotes equity and respect for the human dignity of all.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
The Y collects personally identifiable information (PII) from you when you voluntarily submit such information to us. The collection of PII may occur in person or on a website or mobile application operated, provided, or otherwise controlled by The Y. This information may include your name, home address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, demographic information, sex-offender status, membership status, emergency contact information, and other information that we may need to collect in connection with certain events, including but not limited to:
- Registration for, or participation in, events, classes, camps, and other activities or programs offered by The Y.
- Participation in YMCA Nationwide Membership.
- Registration for surveys, forums, content submissions, chats, bulletin boards, discussion groups, requests for suggestions, or other services or activities offered on our website.
- Answering your inquiries about our websites, organization, membership, or other services or activities.
- Registration as a member of the Y.
What We Do with Information
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may provide your information to our third-party partners for marketing or promotional purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We also endeavor to limit access to personal information to only employees, agents and representatives that need to know.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by writing to us even if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time.