Children continue their elementary education in before and after school programs.
For enrollment information (Daycare/Childcare, Traditional PreK/Preschool, School-Age) click on your desired location for contact information.
Then complete an enrollment application.
Before & After School:
- Meadville Family YMCA
- Vernon Early Learning Academy
After School Only:
- Conneaut Lake Elementary
- West End Elementary
Y programs are licensed by the Office of Child Development, PA Department of Public Welfare and meet YMCA of the USA Quality Check Standards. Like a hotel rating system, Y programs are accredited by the Pennsylvania Keystone STARS program. That’s important to you as a parent because you can be sure your kids are thriving in the highest quality learning environment with qualified, certified teachers who annually seek continuing education and certifications in CPR/First Aid, Water Safety, Fire Safety & Child Development.
All Y programs are Keystone 4 accredited. Each stars designation has its own research-based performance standards. These standards measure areas of childcare and education.
What you can expect from the quality rating is:
- Professional development and training for our teachers; half to two-thirds of the staff have completed or are enrolled in credentials or degrees
- Literacy activities including reading, story-telling and encouraging written and verbal communication
- Parent and community resources are used effectively in the quality delivery of the program
- Business, organizational and staff compensation practices are maximized
- A review of the program center by a nationally recognized environment rating scale that indicates a high quality score
Your child’s safety and security is our top priority and is achieved through established and practiced procedures. We take every precaution to insure safety for your child, including:
- Secure entry
- Frequent site inspections
- Maintenance of buildings, playgrounds and equipment
Healthy meals and snacks are the cornerstone of your child’s learning throughout the day. Smart food choices are taught and modeled by our staff such as drinking water and the importance of all four food groups.
Physical activity is an important part of every day at the Y. Large motor skills are developed through daily active play. Your child’s physical skills are individually strengthened through the use of the Y’s extensive facilities—including playgrounds, gyms, pools and more.
With loads of activity and learning, kids need time to recharge. Rest time is scheduled daily in calming environments with caring supervision.
Children 6 weeks-2 years of age bond with their caregivers and thrive in high quality educational environment.
Children 6-12 years of age participate in an 11-week full day program with a variety of planned field trips and theme weeks.
Scholarships as well as additional local, state and federal funding is available to help supplement the cost of care.